Corrective massage therapy addresses a variety of health conditions, the most prevalent being stress-related tension, which, experts believe, accounts for 80%-90% of disease. Massage has been proven beneficial in treating cancer-related fatigue, sleep disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, low back pain, immunity suppression, spinal cord injury, autism, post-operative surgery, age-related disorders, infertility, eating disorders, smoking cessation, and depression, to name just a few. Massage has many physiological effects, such as:
- Increased circulation to all areas of the body. This means that more oxygen goes to the tissues, enabling them to function more efficiently.
- Removal of toxins and waste products that build up in the tissues.
- Reduction in recovery time from certain injuries.
- Softening of the connective tissue that permeates the body, resulting in more relaxed muscles and more efficient organ function.
- Breaking of the pain-tension cycle, which helps prevent muscle strains and aches.
- Increased flexibility and joint mobility.
- Better muscular balance throughout the body, resulting in effective support for other healing modalities, such as chiropractic.
A treatment with us will consist of a focused, 30 minute treatment that addresses your complaints. We target specific areas of the body that contribute to your condition to help aid your body’s natural healing process. Our doctors direct our therapists in the treatment process to make sure that the goals of your treatment program are achieved.
Some of the techniques that are utilized in our treatments we offer are deep tissue, myofascial, swedish, cross fiber friction, trigger point therapy, neuromuscular release, PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation) and pre-natal/pregnancy.
In some cases, as a patient of CCS, some insurance plans cover a portion of the cost when deemed medically necessary by the doctor.